Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Why I started this blog

I'm a 20-something single chicka who just moved to the Middle of Nowhere, TN for a new job. I was previously a city girl, from Nashville, so this tiny town (name withheld for privacy reasons) is not exactly my cup of tea. 

Food is a challenge here. Unlike Nashville, my choices are very limited here. I either have to go to Wal-Mart (No Target, Publix or even Kroger in town!) or to the locally-owned grocery store, Johnson's. Since I'm not a huge Wal-Mart fan -- I hate the fact that they put mom and pop stores out of business -- I prefer shopping at Johnson's, even though it is more expensive. 

I buy all of my meats at the local grocery store, and some of my produce at Wal-Mart. Johnson's doesn't have the best produce. Half of the time their veggie offerings are about to go bad, or they are simply too expensive for my current budget. I still travel to Nashville on the weekends, so I do some of my produce shopping there. 

Since I live alone (with my cat), I often make smaller-portion meals. I cook enough for myself, and I like to have a serving or two left over for my lunch during the week. The recipes that I've chosen for this blog tend to be easy and quick to fix. They make great leftovers and they are yummy to boot. 


I try to eat healthy, so you will probably never see fried or overly greasy foods. 


Enjoy learning about my cooking journey, and my experiences living in the Middle of Nowhere, TN.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home